By Rafiullah Mandokhail,
ZHOB: Emotional scenes were witnessed when the bodies of two young men of the same family who lost their lives in a road accident on ‘murderous’ Quetta highway, were taken out for the funeral prayers at Number One ground here. Amid tears, sobs and sighs of grief hundreds including relatives, friends and people from all walks of life some of them shedding tears attended the funeral prayers and buried them at local graveyard here on Monday.
On Sunday evening a vehicle heading towards Quetta careered-off the ‘notorious’ Zhob-Quetta highway and turned over near Akhterzai area of Killa Saifullah district. Resultantly residents of Zhob Niamatullah Sherani and Juma Rahim Sherani of the same family lost their live in the accident.
According to the police officer Karim Mandokhail, the incident took place when the driver lost control of vehicle while over taking an over-speeding passenger bus. They were moved to DHQ civil hospital Killa Saifullah but the doctor at the hospital pronounced them dead. Juma Rahim is survived by two widows while Niamat left a widow and three sons behind to mourn his sudden death.
The highest death toll has been recorded on national highway N-50 connecting Zhob with the provincial capital in the last couple of years as hundreds of people lost their precious lives in different road accidents. Heavy trucks, trawlers, tractor trolleys and rickety passenger coaches are driven recklessly on the highway as no mechanism is existing to control such practices. On one hand there are no motorway and highway police to regulate the smooth traffic flow on highway. On the other hand neither in Zhob nor in neighboring district Killa Saifullah the District Headquarters hospitals are well equipped to handle the critical injured. However, a state-of-the-art trauma center at DHQ hospital Zhob is under construction.
Meanwhile, Imran Khan son of JUI leader Hafiz Hazrat Gul Babar – a LLB student at Gomal University D.I Khan died of electrocution. The young student suffered electric shock when he accidentally touched an electric barbed wire at the university.