S. A Haidri
Muzaffarabad: Chairman Pasban-e-Hurriyat Uzair Ahmad Ghazali has said that wounds of Bijbehara incident are still present in the hearts of every Kashmiri citizen.
In a statement issued here on Friday, he recalled the incident of 22nd October 1993 in occupied state of Jammu and Kashmir (Bijbehara) where Indian military was involved in the massacre of 51 Kashmiri citizens and still the culprits were not punished.
He voiced that 28 years ago tragic incident is a question mark on countries and institutions claiming justice, peace and human rights.
Expressing grief and sorrow over the massacre of unarmed Kashmiri civilians, he said that soldiers of the 14th BSF Battalion of the Indian Army had indiscriminately opened fire on the unarmed civilians protesting against the brutal military siege of Hazrat Bal, “they had martyred 51 civilians including children and elders.”
He said that more than two hundred civilians were seriously injured in this tragic incident.
Uzair Ahmed maintained that for the last seven decades, India has been suppressing every voice raised for the liberation of the people of Jammu and Kashmir with military force and brutal tactics.
He said that since 1989, dozens of such incidents had taken place in the occupied state in which thousands of Kashmiri citizens had been massacred.
Ghazali said that India openly violating civil liberties and human rights in the internationally recognized disputed state through military force.
He asked Amnesty International, Asia Watch and the United Nations that why the Indian military personnel involved in the massacre of 51 civilians in Bejbehara Kashmir were not punished?
Ghazali added that Indian military siege and massacre in Kashmir should be exposed to the world and UN including all international human rights organizations must take action against the tyrant rulers and military personnel of India.