NPC Tahir Anwar inaugurates water channel in district Neelum

0
50

NEELUM,(Parliament Times): National Project Coordinator Muhammad Tahir Anwar along with his team visited district Neelum on Wednesday and inspected various projects under National Program for Betterment of Water Resources, and National Program for Enhancing Command Area.  During his visit he inaugurated a water channel completed under this program. 80% funds for this channel were given by the department of irrigation whereas the other 20% were arranged by community funding.
Speaking at the occasion, National Project Coordinator Muhammad Tahir Anwar said that the main purpose of such national projects is the betterment of water resources across the country. Azad Kashmir is the part of both these national projects under which hundreds of the projects have been completed. These projects will bring agricultural revolution in AJK. Masses of the state will be able to fulfill the food requirements locally. These projects are being monitored on a regular basis. These projects will promote agricultural activities in AJK, he further said.
Project Director Azad Kashmir, Basharat Hussain Durrani said that irrigation projects are being done in AJK to make people self-sufficient. There will be no compromise on the quality of work on these projects. Consultants will be continuously inspecting these projects, he added.