QUETTA: At least four people were killed and over a dozen others sustained injuries in an explosion in the parking area of Serena Hotel Quetta on Wednesday. According to rescue sources, the injured have been shifted to a local hospital where condition of two is said to be critical.
They said that at least seven vehicles have also been completely destroyed during the explosion. Balochistan Home Minister Ziaullah Langove, while talking to media, said that it is being investigated whether the target of the attack was the Chinese ambassador or not.
“He is in Quetta. I just met him…he is in high spirits and would continue his activities,” he added. While responding to a question regarding involvement of “foreign hand” in the deadliest incident, Langove said there was nothing conclusive as yet but in the past such involvements have taken place.
He further said that no group has taken responsibility for the attack so far. Deputy Commissioner Quetta Aurangzeb Badini while sharing the details of the explosion said that two assistant commissioners are among the injured. “The wounded are being given the best treatment by health department,” he wrote on his official Twitter handle.
The provincial police chief reached the blast site. The affected area has been cordoned off and an investigation is underway. CM Balochistan Jam Kamal Khan, while condemning the incident, sought the report of the incident from police officials.
He said that no one will be allowed to disturb the law and order in the province, adding that the “entire nation is united to eradicate the scourge of terrorism”.
The chief minister also directed the security forces to provide foolproof security to the province and urged health authorities to give best medical facilities to the injured.
Interior Minister also condemned the incident and sought a report from the provincial chief secretary.
He also expressed grief and sorrow over the loss of precious lives in the blast.