Shops gutted in fire in Mirpur AJK


Altaf Hamid Rao.

MIRPUR (AJK),   (Parliament Times) :    Several shops reduced to ashes in main bazar in adjoining Jatlan village of Mirpur AJK Sunday morning.

The fire broke out after a gas cylinder busted reportedly due to short circuiting in power supply line in an LPG shop that engulfed the adjoining shops in thickly populated Jatlan Village bazar, located in outskirts of Mirpur city.

MIRPUR CITY fire brigade, rescue 1122 and other rescue teams rushed to the site and were hecticly engaged in extinguishing the sky~touching flames till last Reports came in.

No loss of life was reported except minor burn injuries to a couple of persons.

The owners of the LPG shop and other adjoining gutted shops have feared the loss of millions of rupees following the fire incident.

Jatlan police have started investigations.