Daily Parliament times news

Indian police shift Shabbir Shah from Srinagar to Delhi

Spread the love

Srinagar: In occupied Kashmir, Indian authorities have shifted the All Parties Hurriyat Conference General Secretary, Shabbir Ahmad Shah, to New Delhi after arresting him from Srinagar. He was under continued house detention for the past several years.

Indian police had arrested Shabbir Ahmad Shah after raiding his Sanat Nagar residence in Srinagar, late last night, and lodged him at Humhama police station. The police airlifted the APHC leader to New Delhi, today.

On Monday, the Indian National Investigation Agency had arrested Hurriyat leaders, Altaf Ahmed Shah, Merajuddin Kalwal, Peer Saifullah, Ayaz Muhammad Akbar, Shahid-ul-Islam and Nayeem Ahmed Khan from Srinagar and Farooq Ahmed Dar from New Delhi. The NIA officials produced them at Patiala House court in New Delhi on Tuesday that granted 10 days remand of the leaders to NIA.

Meanwhile, the puppet authorities extended the judicial remand of illegally detained Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front Chairman, Muhammad Yasin Malik, till 5th August 2017. The authorities had arrested Muhammad Yasin Malik along with many party leaders and activists on 21st July and sent them to Srinagar Central Jail on judicial remand till 25th July.

The All Parties Hurriyat Conference and the Hurriyat forum led by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq in their statements in Srinagar described the arrest of Hurriyat leaders by Indian National Investigation Agency as a pre-planned psychological crackdown aimed at forcing the Hurriyat leadership to surrender and maligning the ongoing freedom movement. The APHC-AJK leaders at a meeting in Islamabad strongly denounced the arrest of pro-freedom leaders by NIA.

The residents of Lawaypora area of Bandipore district staged forceful demonstrations against the arrest of four youth during nocturnal raids by Indian police. They blocked Srinagar-Bandipora highway, halting the traffic movement for several hours.

On the other hand, an Indian military court has suspended the life sentences of five army men involved in the killing of three innocent Kashmiri youth in a fake encounter in Machil area of Kupwara district in April 2010. The army personnel had lured three youth, Shazad Ahmad Khan, Riyaz Ahmad Lone and Muhammad Shafi Lone to the higher reaches of Machil on the pretext of jobs and good money as porters and killed them in a staged encounter on 29th April 2010. The killing had triggered widespread demonstrations across the occupied territory.

Similar Posts