Yasin Malik’s arm paralyses after receiving wrong injection


SRINAGAR  – The arm of detained Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) Yasin Malik was paralysed after he was given a wrong injection.

Indian army is continuously paying negligence in the treatment of Yasin Malik.

He is under illegal detention since July 9 when protests against the killing of Hizbul Mujahideen Commander Burhan Wani erupted across occupied Kashmir.

According to Kashmir Media Service, Yasin Malik is undergoing high fever, infection in right arm and other diseases.

The police also attacked Yasin Malik’s mother and sisters who were protesting against the cruelties of Indian authorities.

The Hurriyet leader’s family has demanded to have his treatment abroad.

Yasin Malik was referred to Soura Medical Institute, Srinagar, for treatment after his health deteriorated. Hours after protests were held at Maisuma in Srinagar against Muhammad Yasin Malik’s falling health at Central Jail Srinagar he was shifted to Khyber Hospital Saturday evening.

“He underwent various medical tests. He is suffering with severe infection and has been advised by doctors to undergo a surgery. He was then referred to Soura Medical Institute where he was admitted to Intensive Care Unit,” a JKLF spokesman said. His condition is stated to be stable. Earlier in the day, Malik’s family had said that he was being denied medical treatment.

“Yasin Malik is unable to walk or sit properly. In absence of medical aid, his health condition has deteriorated. We are not demanding his release. He is a public leader, but medical aid must be provided to him without any further delay. He has undergone various surgeries in the past. He is in need of several medicines,” they said.

Meanwhile, complete shutdown continues, to protest against the civilian killings and other brutalities by Indian forces in the occupied Kashmir Valley.

At least 9000 Kashmiris have been detained during the three-month crackdown.

Moreover, the authorities have dismissed more than one dozen employees from their services on participating in pro-freedom rallies.

The uprising that was triggered by the killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani by Indian forces on July 8 has left more than 110 people dead and several thousand injured, so far.

More than 800 people have sustained pellet injuries with majority of them on the verge of losing eyesight partially or fully